Our special guest today is a visionary storyteller, a cross-functional creative, and a podcast architect. Nolan McCoy is the mastermind behind the Demand Gen Chat Podcast and Head of Video & Creative Content at Chili Piper.
Nolan joins Host Casey Cheshire to delve into how to create and repurpose authentic content, how to ensure your content resonates with the target audience, and the benefits of a podcast that expand beyond the boundaries of a single episode. Nolan explains what it takes to make a successful podcast, why the listener is the most important in a podcast, and how to be an active and intentional host.
- Before starting your podcast, ask why the world needs your podcast and what sets you apart. Authenticity comes from understanding your content's value and differentiation.
- Focusing on a unique niche or community is key to creating a successful podcast.
- Engage your listeners by providing a clear journey or structure. Unclear content gets turned off quickly. Even casual conversations benefit from a planned structure that keeps listeners invested throughout the episode.
- To achieve a lasting podcast impact, create content that extends beyond the episode’s boundaries. A strategic approach ensures valuable content that can be repurposed and shared using various tools, leading to long-term sustainability
- Sharing engaging clips on social media and building a content foundation allows for broader reach and sustained audience interest.
- Prioritize the audience's experience. Hosting a podcast is about curating perspectives that resonate with your listeners.
- As a host, actively guide the conversation to highlight key points. Natural callbacks and references to an earlier prep call for instance help to keep the discussion engaging and can help your guest discover even further details.
Quote of the Show:
- “You can go down that rabbit hole, but make sure as the host, you're actively driving the conversation back to where you want it to go for your audience.” - Nolan McCoy
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/nolanmccoy
- TikTok - 60 Sec Marketing Tips: https://www.tiktok.com/@nolanmccoy_
- Chili Piper (Website): https://www.chilipiper.com
- Demand Gen Chat (Podcast): https://www.chilipiper.com/resources/podcast
Ways to Tune In:
- Amazon Music: https://music.amazon.com/podcasts/12f108ea-018f-44a6-8bb0-9444e9cbf3cc
- Apple Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/creating-the-greatest-show/id1638399900
- Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/show/1B7OnWCGoxBRzH2rbkEFIf
- Google Podcast: https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cHM6Ly9mZWVkLnBvZGJlYW4uY29tL2NyZWF0aW5ndGhlZ3JlYXRlc3RzaG93L2ZlZWQueG1s
- Podchaser: https://www.podchaser.com/podcasts/creating-the-greatest-show-4823789
- YouTube: https://youtu.be/_O6UCvTY_c8
Creating The Greatest Show is produced and sponsored by Ringmaster, on a mission to create connections through Branded podcasts. Learn more at https://ringmaster.com/