Today, we’re learning from a speaking strategist, master coach, author, speaker & podcast host that helps people leverage speaking opportunities. Laurie-Ann Murabito is the Host of Be In Demand, Co-Host of the Contagious Leadership Live Show, and the author of Rethink Your Leadership. Laurie-Ann dove into how to plan out solo episodes for your podcast, why podcasts are so helpful for building trust with your audience, and the value of recording video for your podcast!
- Even when recording your video podcast remotely, you can get many of the benefits of establishing eye contact with your guest and audience by intentionally looking straight into your camera.
- Recording video for your podcast is an important aspect of building the connection between the host and guest during the podcast recording and between the host and guest and the audience when consuming the podcast content.
- You should make a conscious effort to help your guest with promoting whatever is important to them. They are providing value to you by sharing their insights on your podcast, so make sure you provide value to them.
- Much like speaking events, your podcast’s impact can snowball and open new doors for you. A great way to find new guests and get in contact with more people that match your ICP is to ask guests who else should be on your podcast.
- Podcasts help your target audience get to know, like, and trust you on a deeper level while they get great value by listening to your podcast for free. Leverage your podcast by including a Call-To-Action in the show notes of your podcast episodes.
- With solo podcast episodes, you have the opportunity to be the only voice that your audience is inviting into their personal space. Because of the intimate nature of solo podcasts, imagine you are just talking to one individual listener.
- Don’t worry too much about filler words in your podcast, they are a natural part of your conversation and you want to share your genuine self with your audience. That said, light editing is recommended for longer pauses and if you or the guest really get lost.
Quote of the Show:
- “Create some video because that’s how we’re building that know, like, and trust really fast” - Laurie-Ann Murabito
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/laurie-ann-murabito/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/laurieann.murabito/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/lamurabito
- Company website: https://www.speakandstandout.com/
- Be In Demand Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/be-in-demand-with-laurie-ann-murabito/id1524969833
- Rethink Your Leadership: https://www.amazon.com/Rethink-Your-Leadership-Influence-Engagement-ebook/dp/B01MYGSUAS/ref=sr_1_1?crid=2PAC35PAJNG35&keywords=laurie+ann+murabito&qid=1668459133&sprefix=laurie+ann+murabito%2Caps%2C92&sr=8-1
Ways to Tune In:
- Amazon Music: https://music.amazon.com/podcasts/12f108ea-018f-44a6-8bb0-9444e9cbf3cc
- Apple Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/creating-the-greatest-show/id1638399900
- Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/show/1B7OnWCGoxBRzH2rbkEFIf
- Google Podcast: https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cHM6Ly9mZWVkLnBvZGJlYW4uY29tL2NyZWF0aW5ndGhlZ3JlYXRlc3RzaG93L2ZlZWQueG1s
- Podchaser: https://www.podchaser.com/podcasts/creating-the-greatest-show-4823789
- YouTube: https://youtu.be/-iOCNuBNf0E
Creating The Greatest Show is produced and sponsored by Ringmaster, on a mission to create connections through B2B podcasts. Learn more at https://ringmaster.com/