This episode’s guest is an international marketing leader and podcasting visionary. Jennifer Han is the Chief Marketing Officer at Ausha and she previously hosted Culinariste. Jennifer shares insights into how podcast hosts can optimize their podcast for maximum impact and engagement to create successful podcasts that resonate with their audience and build a loyal following. Jennifer also delves into the stages of the podcast Listener Journey model.
- Podcast listening apps are the first point of contact with your listeners, and you need to optimize how your podcast appears in-app to get them to press play. This means making sure your cover art stands out and using keywords in your title and description to make it easier for listeners to find your podcast.
- There are four funnel stages in the podcast Listener Journey model: 1. Discovery, 2. Activation, 3. Play, and 4. Love.
- Adding chapters to your podcast can help make the listening experience more dynamic and can be used to enrich the experience for your listeners. By dividing your episode into chapters, you can make it easier for listeners to find the information they're interested in.
- Show listeners who you are by creating short-form content from your podcast for “snacking content” that helps them connect with you. This can include photos, videos, gifs, music, etc. to increase how engaging the podcast clip is.
- Leverage your communities to cross-promote your podcast and build your listenership. This means reaching out to other bloggers, podcasters, and influencers in your niche and asking them to promote your podcast to their audience.
- Optimize every step of the listener journey to get them to love your podcast and become loyal listeners. This means focusing on each stage of the funnel and making sure you're doing everything you can to keep your listeners engaged and interested.
Quote of the Show:
- “My mantra about podcasting is you have to be obsessed by your listeners.” - Jennifer Han
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/han-jennifer/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/HanJennifer1
- Company website: https://www.ausha.co/
- Listener Journey Model: https://www.ausha.co/resources/listener-journey-three-steps-to-really-make-your-podcast-take-off/
- 00:00 - Intro
- 01:48 - Obsess Over Your Podcast Listeners
- 8:26 - The Listener Journey Model
- 12:18 - 1st Stage: Podcast Discoverability
- 26:32 - 2nd Stage: Activation
- 32:42 - 3rd Stage: Play
- 40:55 - 4th Stage: Love
- 44:54 - Where to Connect with Jennifer
Ways to Tune In:
- Amazon Music: https://music.amazon.com/podcasts/12f108ea-018f-44a6-8bb0-9444e9cbf3cc
- Apple Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/creating-the-greatest-show/id1638399900
- Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/show/1B7OnWCGoxBRzH2rbkEFIf
- Google Podcast: https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cHM6Ly9mZWVkLnBvZGJlYW4uY29tL2NyZWF0aW5ndGhlZ3JlYXRlc3RzaG93L2ZlZWQueG1s
- Podchaser: https://www.podchaser.com/podcasts/creating-the-greatest-show-4823789
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDmgvUq6rKs
Creating The Greatest Show is produced and sponsored by Ringmaster, on a mission to create connections through B2B podcasts. Learn more at https://ringmaster.com/