Our special guest for today is Deirdre Tshien, a seasoned serial entrepreneur who boasts an impressive track record of founding and leading seven successful businesses across five industries in the past nine years. Deirdre is not only the author of the Honey Trap Marketing book but also the host of the Grow My Podcast Show. Furthermore, she is the Co-Founder and CEO of Capsho, a groundbreaking AI-powered podcast copywriter platform. Deirdre delves into her background, recounting her diverse experiences and discussing the highs and lows she encountered while launching podcasts. Deirdre also explains Content Honey Traps, The Content Dripping Strategy, and the Show Notes Funnel.
- Simply publishing a podcast is not enough to gain recognition and success. Just like growing a business, nurturing a podcast requires a deliberate and strategic approach.
- Be mindful of how to strategically funnel listeners toward a desired outcome. For instance, implementing a well-structured show notes funnel can be instrumental in turning leads into conversions.
- If you're seeking to help your podcast thrive, remember the power of focus, intention, and a strategic approach.
- Define your podcast's purpose, understand your audience, and build a well-crafted funnel to channel your efforts effectively.
- It's crucial to define the specific audience you are targeting. Identifying your ideal avatar and persona might sound cliché, but without a clear understanding of your audience, your podcast might suffer the dreaded "pod fade," losing momentum and impact.
- The show notes funnel aids in attracting and understanding your audience, while the Content Dripping Strategy ensures that your content is delivered enticingly, enhancing the overall podcast experience.
- The Content Dripping Strategy is a marketing strategy that involves delivering content to the user in batches over a pre-defined period. Instead of offering all the content at once, parts of the content are given to the audience in a controlled or scheduled way over a period of time.
- Directing your listeners to access bonus clips/information through the show notes gives them a reason to share their names and email addresses. This transforms your podcast into a lead-generation machine.
Quote of the Show:
- "At the end of the day, you still need your listeners to get value from your podcast. Otherwise, why are they listening to it?" - Deirdre Tshien
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/deirdretshien/
- Personal Website: https://deirdretshien.com/
- Capsho Website: https://www.capsho.com
- Book Link: https://a.co/d/50DUOY3
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/deirdretshien/
Ways to Tune In:
- Amazon Music: https://music.amazon.com/podcasts/12f108ea-018f-44a6-8bb0-9444e9cbf3cc
- Apple Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/creating-the-greatest-show/id1638399900
- Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/show/1B7OnWCGoxBRzH2rbkEFIf
- Google Podcast: https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cHM6Ly9mZWVkLnBvZGJlYW4uY29tL2NyZWF0aW5ndGhlZ3JlYXRlc3RzaG93L2ZlZWQueG1s
- Podchaser: https://www.podchaser.com/podcasts/creating-the-greatest-show-4823789
- YouTube: https://youtu.be/eUtPNuw78cY
Creators and Guests
Deirdre Tshien is a seasoned serial entrepreneur who boasts an impressive track record of founding and leading seven successful businesses across five industries in the past nine years. Deirdre is not only the author of the Honey Trap Marketing book but also the host of the Grow My Podcast Show. Furthermore, she is the Co-Founder and CEO of Capsho, a groundbreaking AI-powered podcast copywriter platform.